Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Steven and I are celebrating St. Patty's day a little bit early this year...why you may ask? Well, we are expecting a new addition to our family on March 17, 2009! We brought home this special souvenir from our honeymoon in Jamaica. All of the Jamaican locals said "you come to Jamaica two, and you leave three" and I guess that is exactly what we did. We had our first appointment yesterday and the baby is healthy and right on track. We got to see him/her on the ultrasound and will be going back next week for a more in depth ultrasound which we are really excited about. It is very cool and makes it so real when we see the baby. So everything with that is going very well. I, unfortunately, have tremendous "morning" sickness, I say "morning" because really it lasts all day and all night. I have never been sicker in my life. The doctor gave me a mixture of sleeping pills, Vitamin B and another prescription anti-nausea medicine that is supposed to help. So far I slept for 14 hours last night and have been nauseaus all day. I know that this is all a result of having such a healthy pregnancy but it becomes a little frusterating when I am used to doing everything and now I am spending my time on the couch trying not to be sick. I am trying to just make it through one day at a time and am thankful that I am on summer break. Steven is excited and has been very patient and supportive of me feeling so
pathetic. I don't know what I would do without him! Well, back to drinking lemonaide (the only thing that has sounded good) and eating saltines. Thank goodness for cable and the internet!

No comments: