Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Month...

Yikes, almost another month has passed without a blog. Such is life I guess. October could be summed up in one word for our family: SICK. Sophia was sick for most of the month with a horrible head and chest cold that just would not go away, and then, of course, I got it, and then Steven got it too. Just in the last week we have all been feeling much better. We felt so bad for Sophia, she couldn't sleep well for weeks on end. We were getting up with her three or four times a night, it was like having a newborn again. Now that she is feeling better she is sleeping her usual 11 to 14 hours a night (thank goodness!). This girl loves her sleep!

We were able to do a few fun things amongst all the sickness. We took Sophia to the pumpkin patch and we took her trick or treating. It was lots of fun to experience Halloween through Sophia's eyes. Last year we dressed her up but she was only 7 months old so she was not quite ready to really indulge in the holiday. This year she really enjoyed it, my favorite was when we took her trick or treating in my parent's neighborhood. When we went up to the first house and they opened the door and brought the bowl out for her to pick out her treat and she just pushed it away, she was not too sure of the process. Then at the second house she hesitantly grabbed a candy. By the time we got to the third house she reached in with two hands and grabbed as much candy as she could. She had figured it out and was loving it. Steven and I are loving it now, Snickers anyone? Yum!

We have also started a bit of potty training. Sophia is good about telling us when she has a wet or stinky diaper so her baby-sitters and Steven and I decided to give potty training a try. We started today and she already peed two drops in the potty. It's a small start, but it's a start. We are so proud of our little girl and had to celebrate this accomplishment with a Skittle treat and lots of cheering and clapping. She is growing up SO fast.

Speaking of growing up fast Sophia turned 19 months last week. She is now over halfway to two! This makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. I am enjoying every step with her but sometimes wish I could just freeze time. As she grows she is becoming more and more hilarious. She loves to laugh and to make us laugh. Each night she takes off Steven's shoes and socks for him when he gets home from work. If any of us are ever wearing socks she immediately wants to remove them for us, she is just like her mama- she prefers all feet to be free! She is speaking more and more and says more words every day. Her new medication for her GERD is much easier to get her to take and she has not thrown up in a long time! She loves macaroni and cheese, yogurt, green beans, chili, cheerios, pretzels, popcorn, and noodles with red sauce. She also loves ketchup. It is so much easier to feed her and she is eating so much better now that her medication is regulated. That is such a blessing for all three of us! I have said this before and I will say it again but I feel so lucky that I get to be Sophia's mom. She has brought Steven and I such love and joy and we are so thankful for her.

Well, I will try and make a good effort to post more but only time will tell...:)

I was going to include some pics but I am feeling lazy so you can go check them out on Facebook.

Happy November and wohoo for political ads being over!!!

No comments: