Sunday, March 13, 2011

Before and After- Our Bedroom

When buying this house we knew one thing we would want to do right away is paint the master bedroom. I have NO idea what the previous owners were thinking when they painted it the way they did, we could just not figure out the look they were going for. The main thing that we found odd was the waves, some waves went up onto the ceiling and other areas it swooped way down. We think it was sponge painted and maybe they were going for a sandy type of scene...who really knows?! What is mainly important is that it is GONE! On President's Day weekend we painted our hearts out and got the room fixed up nicely. We were reminded how much work painting is, especially with vaulted ceilings, and how it is impossible to paint with a toddler around. We painted Sunday night after Sophia went to bed till way too late and then I painted all day Monday while Steven entertained Sophia. We had to do two thick coats to cover the weird sponging but I love it and think it looks much better then how it started (although it really did not take much:) ).

Here are some before pictures:









And after... we painted it a light tiffany blue color.









This picture came out really dark, but we bought chocolate brown curtains for the window. We also got the picture above our bed which I LOVE and a mirror to go on another wall.


One project down, many more to go!

No comments: