Sunday, May 19, 2013

Celebrating 4!

I have been wanting to post about all sorts of things, yet with a baby that does not like to be put down during the day (even to sleep) and a busy 4 year old, the blog takes a backseat.  I want to post about Sophia turning 4 before too long passes...so here it goes!

On March 25th Sophia turned 4 years old and so far I love 4!  I have heard from lots of people that 3 is harder than 2 with the meltdowns, tantrums, and attitude and I have to agree with that when it comes to Sophia and since turning 4 she has just been such a joy, not that she was not a joy at 3, it's just 4 is a bit calmer:)

For her birthday Sophia wanted a Dora party with chocolate cupcakes.  She had been requesting these things for months.  I prepared most things for her birthday party (besides the food) over my Winter break, knowing that Sophia's birthday would fall just a few weeks after having Miss. Ava.

We had a "A-Dora-ble Birthday Fiesta" complete with yummy snacks, Dora cupcakes, Dora coloring, Pin the Tail on Swiper, a Dora pinata, and presents.  I found a lot of great free printables online so I was able to make the invites, the birthday sign, the cupcake toppers, and the Swiper game all for free using our printer at home.  Here are some pics of the party and our sweet 4 year old!

 Cupcakes

 The food, minus the hot items

 It's not a party without balloons


 My FOUR year old!

 Dora coloring sheets

 Gifts galore- our girl is very loved.
 How Ava spent most of the party- being held and sleeping
 Pinata time!


 Gathering the treats

 Pinata hat!
 Pin the Tail on Swiper

Love this pic!

Being sang to!
Make a wish and blow!

Sophia had a great party.  On her actual birthday she woke up and got a few gifts from us.  We wanted to get her a basketball hoop since she had been asking for one and when I went to ToysR'Us to get it for her when you bought a hoop you got a free other Little Tikes outside toy of your choice so she also got a tee and bat and ball as well as a jump rope.  We were excited about the deal:)  Here she is getting her gifts.  I did not wrap the big ones so we just hid them in the house and she had to search for them which is just about as fun as unwrapping them:). 

 Looking for her presents
 Super excited for a new jump rope!

 Reading her card
 Spotting her baseball set (we hid it high on the plant shelf)
 Spotting her basketball hoop

 Happy birthday girl!



After getting ready we took her to Build A Bear in Portland to make a stuffed animal.  On the way we stopped for a birthday smoothie- she got it for free!



  When we got to Build A Bear she chose to build a bunny and it was a lot of fun.  Here they are stuffing her bunny. 



 With her special birthday necklace!
Giving her bunny a bath.



 Making the birth certificate after choosing an outfit and accessories for her bunny.

 With her new friend "Princess, the Bunny"
 
After Build A Bear we went to the play area at the mall. Steven got some great shots of our sweet girl playing.  Noni and I cuddled Ava and watched from the sidelines. 





 After some play fun it was time for lunch.  


 Since Sophia was the birthday girl she got a special treat and everyone sang to her. 



We then headed home and relaxed and played the rest of the day.  

We all had a great time celebrating our sweet big sister.  We wanted to do a bit more for her birthday this year and focus on making it extra special since the few previous weeks had been all about the new baby.  It was great to have this time to celebrate and focus on Miss. Sophia and I think she had a great birthday!

No comments: