Thursday, July 11, 2013

Baby Sis at 4 Months

Last week Ava turned 4 months old. Aughhhh! Slow down time, it's going too fast! She had her four month check up and is healthy as can be!

 
She weighed 14 pounds and 4 ounces and was 24.5 inches long.  She got her next round of immunizations and they were really rough on her- poor baby spiked a fever and did not want to be put down. She just cried and cried- we felt so bad. But, after about 24 hours she was back to her happy cuddly self.
She loves her jumperoo and will play in it while I'm doing anything in the kitchen. We brought it outside one day while we were doing yard work. She was playing away then we look over and she was sound asleep.

She also celebrated her first 4th of July last week. 
She loved getting lots of cuddles at the party:)
We got the go ahead to start cereal at her appointment so last week we started her on some oatmeal. She loves it and is getting better and better at eating each day. 
She even tries to feed herself. 
My nickname for Miss. Ava Lea is Cuddles. She would be perfectly content to be held and cuddled all day and all night, thus she is held a lot. I have been working on her taking naps not being held, but considering I am currently writing this blog on my iPhone one handed while holding a napping Ava in my other hand I am not being too successful yet. Oh well, I am treasuring these cuddles now. She'll be grown before I know it:)
Here she is asleep on me right now. Love that spikey hair!
On Sunday Ava rolled over for the first time!! Here it is in process, a bit blurry. 
Here she is right after. I think she looks proud.
She is the perfect addition to our family and we love her so much!

No comments: