So once again it's been months since the last blog. So it goes, I'm just as busy as the next gal but time sure does get away from me. I do appreciate looking back at the blog. So what's new....
Sophia:
Sophia started first grade this week, I'm not sure how that happened. It's an adjustment for her, but I know she'll do okay after she gets used to it.
She is so sweet and so tender hearted. She loves so fully and tries so hard at everything she does. I'm so proud of her.
She started soccer this evening. I think she really liked
it. She doesn't quite understand how the games will work but she has her first game this weekend so we'll see how it goes. Just like Sissy- Ava watched her the whole time and played with her own ball.
Ava- my sweet Ava is two and a half. She brings me joy every day with her sweet, spunky, and slightly OCD personality. She still ends up in our bed every night some point in the night but she is a good snuggler. She loves to do anything her sister does and misses her sister quite a bit when she goes to school. She talks more every day and impresses me with the random words she can say. The other day she put a tortilla around her wrist ( I know super random) and says to me "I've got a bracelet!". She's a kick!
Work- well I went back to work last month and students started this week. I have 29 first graders as of today but it's only the second day so time will tell. I have a feeling I'll end up in the mid 30's and that thought makes me want to cry. So it's me and 29 six year olds all day. The last few days have been rough but it can only get better (at least that's what I tell myself). I could write a book but all I'm going to say is that if our society thinks a class of 29 first graders and one teacher in a high poverty, diverse neighborhood makes sense then we have our priorities all wrong- it is SO frustrating. Last night I was feeling super discouraged by "all the world" but someone's got to do the work so I guess I'll keep trucking along. One moment that made me remember why I do this was today, the kids were all on the carpet and we were so hot ( no AC on a 90 degree day in a room full of tired kids- don't be jealous) and I was teaching them a song as we were about to leave and one shy boy raised his hand, he hadn't talked all day so I called on him right away. He says "Teacher, I love you!", melted my heart right there.
That pretty much sums up the here and now. We had a great summer with so much fun family time. Hopefully those memories will get there own post soon!
Well it's time for my favorite- Big Brother then bed and it all starts again. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment