Friday, August 27, 2010
Ugh...
So as past blogs have stated Sophia has been diagnosed with GERD. This has been such an ongoing issue for us this summer. I wish GERD did not exist and that Sophia could eat and enjoy her food normally, but that does not seem to be the way right now. Recently Sophia has gotten back to the point she was at earlier this summer where she will not eat, she maybe only eats 200-300 calories a day (mostly Ritz crackers or pretzels), when she should be eating about 1000 calories a day. She is taking the maximum dosage of Zantac that she can for her body weight right now but it does not seem to be doing the trick. So we went back to the doctor yesterday and they are going to try a different stronger medication. This is the last strongest step of the plan they had made for her this summer so hopefully it does the trick. I feel so bad for her and wish I could take all of her eating issues away. She is such a happy go lucky sweet little girl and I know that when she goes through these periods of not feeling well that it effects her mood. So I will pick up the "specially formulated" medication this afternoon. Sophia will take it for 30 days then we will go back to the doctor for her 18 month appointment and go from there. Here's hoping that this does the trick...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment