Sunday, February 5, 2012

Big Girl Room

Over Winter Break we decided to make a "Big Girl" room for Sophia.  We switched her room with the office, painted, and decorated.  I am super happy with the way it turned out.  I forgot to take before pictures until we had already moved some stuff to get ready to paint but here are the pictures I took then:

BEFORE:











And here are the after pictures...
AFTER:
 The door to Sophia's room with her name letters...
 The view from the door (to the left)
 The view from the door (to the right)





 Sophia has done well with her big girl bed.  We love it because we can get in bed and cuddle her while we read books and sing sings before bed.  She still moves ALL OVER the bed while she sleeps so we have the railing on one side and then one night Steven found her almost falling off the end so we added the body pillow there and now she is secure on all sides.  It is amazing to us how active of a sleeper she is. 
 Her baby, blankets, and doggie- all must haves in Sophia's bed.
 Frames I made above Sophia's dresser

 Her cute baby picture...
 The only time we use diapers is at night and even then she wakes up dry so we figured we would use these cubes for diapers now and then we will use it for toys or books in the future. 
 We got these wall adhesives online and I just love the way they look, they really tie the room together. 
 I made those frames next to her window to match the room. 

 Her bean bag reading area
 Curtains with swirls, just like the wall decals. 

I can't believe my baby is out of her crib, out of diapers, and really not a baby anymore!


No comments: