Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So Much to be Thankful For...

On the eve of Thanksgiving 2013 I have so much to be thankful for. 

I am so thankful for this sweet, caring, sensitive four and a half year old girl. She makes me laugh every day, she gives me so much love, and we are just so proud of the little girl she is becoming. 

I am so thankful for the sweet, cuddly, and yet slightly wild Miss. Ava that is currently sleeping in my arms. She has brought so much love and joy to our family and I am just loving every moment of getting to know her and watch her develop from a 6 pound 11 ounce newborn to a 19 pound baby that gets into everything, waves bye bye, and army crawls all over the house. 


I am so very thankful for this guy. 
I'm thankful that I found "my person" in this world and there is no one else I would rather go through the ups and downs that life brings. He supports me in all that I do and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for a job that not only helps to provide for us on a financial/insurance/retirement level but also helps me to (hopefully) make the world a little bit of a better place. I am so thankful for the core of wonderful and supportive people that I work with that all want what is best for the kids we serve. They make my job doable and without them I would not be successful.

I am thankful for my parents (I need more pics of you two!). They support me in all I do and listen to all my daily trials and tribulations from crazy incidents at work to how Ava (never) sleeps. I have loved watching them be grandparents and I love how they love my girls. 

I am also thankful for my sweet mother-in-law and my father-in-law. I love how patient they are with our girls and how Grandma Kathy never tires of playing Sophia's games and has sacrificed baby time to keep older sister so very happy. 

There is lots more I could add to this list, however the girls are both asleep now and Steven and I are exhausted from our many recent sleepless nights and so we are heading to bed (at 9 pm on a non work night- yikes!).  

Happy Thanksgiving!!!



P.S. I have so much to update on this blog! This whole two kids, working full time, and constant illnesses spread through the family has really put me behind. Hoping to write a few more posts soon!


No comments: