Monday, January 26, 2009

33 Week Update

Tomorrow I will be officially 33 weeks pregnant. I cannot believe how fast this is going by. For the last few weeks I have not been feeling too bad but this weekend I feel like she had a huge growth spurt. On Friday night I went to bed and had no problem getting out of bed on my own but by the time I woke up on Saturday it was much more of a struggle, it takes a few tries and lots of dramatic grunting and the occasional shove from Steven but I manage to get up.

This morning I learned the hard way that I need to eat more protein and a bigger breakfast when I almost passed out at work. I was greeting all the kids and I got very light headed, I couldn't see clearly and I was super shaky so I called the advice nurse and apparently my phone call at 8:30 in the morning is one of the most common ones they get from women in their third trimester. I had just eaten cereal for breakfast and then about an hour later almost passed out. She told me that my blood sugar spikes from not eating protein for breakfast and then since the baby takes so much from my body it can cause my blood sugar to drop really low and then I can pass out. She recommended that I eat more protein for breakfast and that I eat more frequently throughout the day, which is not one of the easiest things to do while teaching but I will find a way. After I talked to the nurse I ate some more and then I felt much better. This afternoon Steven went to the store and got trail mix, string cheese, yogurt and peanut butter; all great things that are quick and easy and full of protein. This pregnancy and becoming a parent is all a learning experience and this is only just the beginning. One adventure at a time:)

No comments: