Saturday, March 7, 2009

Maternity Leave

So yesterday was my last day at work until I go back for the next school year in September. It is crazy to think I don't have to go back. I don't think the reality of it will hit me until I have not been there for a few days but time will tell. I was thinking to myself how in August when school started and all through this year I thought I would never make it this far. Between the nasty morning sickness, the long commute (at least until we moved!), and just dealing with all the things that a pregnancy brings along with all of the things a group of 27 eight year old's bring I thought I may die before getting this far. Yes, that sounds dramatic, but I am dramatic. Now that I have made it and only missed two days this whole year due to germy kids passing along their nasty colds and viruses I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders and all I need to focus on now is our little family. Wohoo for FMLA and for being a teacher with the summers off!

No comments: