Thursday, April 23, 2009
Mom's Group
The hospital offers a free new mom's group for mom's and their babies and I have been thinking of going so this week I finally decided to make it. I am not usually one to try new things in new situations where I don't know anyone, but I decided to give it a try and if I liked it then good, and if it was stupid then I would not have to go back. I have not taken Sophia a lot of places by myself yet but I am feeling more confident each time I do. So Sophia and I got up and made it to the hospital on time for the group and I am actually so glad I went. It was very informal and there were about twenty mom's with their babies at the group. I think Sophia was the youngest baby and there were baby's up to about the age of 7 months. It was good to talk with other people who are in the same boat as I am and I think I will definitely try to make it every week. Sophia was very good, she just laid on the mat and stared at the other babies and spent a lot of time sucking on her fist:). After the group the nurse who runs it weighs your baby if you ask so I got Sophia weighed and as of this morning she weighed 9 pounds and 4 ounces. That means that over the last four weeks she has gained 1 pound and 9 ounces, the nurse said she is gaining weight just as she should. Overall it was a good morning and I will be going again next Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment