So I want to blog more frequently but I am not good at typing one handed so now that Sophia is down for a nap I will try to get caught up. Yesterday, Sophia was 4 weeks old. It feels like so much longer (in a good way). It is like there is life now with our little girl and life before it does not exist. It is so crazy. I want to blog more about the daily things of life with Sophia but will do a quick blog to update on the first four weeks of Sophia's life. Over the last few weeks we have been busy getting to know one another and getting used to life as a threesome. It has been the hardest and best thing Steven and I have ever been through. It is amazing to me how fast we have learned what our little girl wants and needs and how she communicates those needs to us. Overall, we have been lucky because Sophia is a really good sleeper (knock on wood). She does not nap a lot during the day but she will sleep for long stretches at night, then will eat quickly and go back to sleep. Some of the things we have done with Sophia over the last few weeks including meeting family and friends, spending time with grandparents, running errands, going to visit her great-grandma's in Hood River, and going to the Tulip Festival. We have had a chance to take a lot of cute pictures of her, it will be fun to share them with her when she is older.
Here are the top five things I love about being a mom:
1) The amount you can love this little baby, even though we have only known her for four weeks.
2) How she can win me over even in moments of great exhaustion. For example, the other night she woke up to be fed at 4 am. I was so exhausted and really did not want to get up, I am definitely not an early morning person. I drag myself out of bed, get Sophia, change her, and give her a bottle. She is fussy until the bottle is in her mouth and then as soon as she has a few drinks, she stops, stares up at me, and smiles. Her smiles are still few and far between, but that one little moment makes getting up every night completely worth it.
3) How things come more naturally then I can ever imagine, there is still a lot to learn, but between Steven and I we have seemed to figure things out as we go and we are making a good team in parenting Miss Sophie.
4) Watching Steven be a daddy. He is so good with her and I really like watching them interact and how much he loves her.
5) This one is a little less sentimental but I love dressing Sophia up in all of her cute clothes. Steven says it's like my lifelong dream of having a live doll that I can dress, and I guess in some ways he's right. How can you go wrong though when she is so tiny and cute and her clothes are so tiny and cute?:).
No comments:
Post a Comment