I have been making all of Sophia's baby food from scratch. There are a few main reasons I have chosen to do this. These reasons include that it is not really that hard to do, I can make it completely organically, I know exactly what is in it, and, frankly, it is much cheaper. I have made batches of apples, bananas, avocado, and sweet potato so far. I freeze the food in ice cube trays then transfer it to freezer bags. Each serving is about two ice cubes. It can keep in the freezer for a long time and then I just take out what I need when she is ready to eat it. Yesterday I made a huge batch of sweet potatoes. I actually made way more then I thought I would but that is okay. I think I made about 40 servings for the price of 4 sweet potatoes and 12 ounces of formula.

I baked the potatoes for an hour then peeled the skins off.

Then I added some formula and some water, then pureed it all together.

There you have it, sweet potatoes- the breakfast/lunch/dinner of champions (a.k.a. Sophia).
I am not sure if everyone would enjoy watching Sophia eat sweet potatoes for many minutes in a row but I know that the grandparents will love it so here you go!!!
I am glad Sophia likes them, especially since I made so much:)
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing. She is adorable and so fun to watch!
Oh my gosh she is so fun to watch. What a big girl eating yummy food now! Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Kathy love watching Sophia's videos no matter what she's doing, please keep them coming! Thanks Emily and Steven for sharing them!
Love, Grandma Kathy
Great video. Of course Sophia likes sweet potatoes. She is getting warmed up for her Great Aunt Susan's 'famous' sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving! (Maybe not this year, but soon) :-)
Post a Comment