Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day this year was very relaxing. It was nice to not have to drive anywhere and just have a calm day at home. It was also much needed since Sophia began getting a cold on Christmas Eve and had a fever, super runny nose, and cough all day Christmas day and for a few days after. Luckily we were ready for a day with lots of cuddles. I have posted a lot of pictures below because I like to have them all in one place to look back on for years to come (or until Blogger has some horrible crash and I devastatingly lose everything...but let's not think about that).
We got Sophia a bunch of books, a race car track, and a Little People school bus. 
Stockings- full of lottery tickets for Steven and I and special treasures from Santa for Sophia. 
Sophia was happy to see Santa had eaten all the M & M's and most of the cookies.  He also drank all the water (the Prine household was running low on milk...).

Santa left a nice note for Sophia. 
Sophia slept in late, which was good since she was sick.  She slept till 9:30, usually she is up by 7. 
Cute girl waking up on Christmas morning. 
Checking out her stocking. 

She was pumped about her car cups. 


Skittles- her favorite.  They have also been a great incentive for the potty training this week!

Car magnets!


 

At the very bottom of her stocking Santa had left her a note saying that he put a special present for her in the kitchen and she needed to go find it.  Below is a video we took of Sophia looking for her gift.  It is kind of long but cute.   



Like last year she was pretty excited about the puffs Santa brought which are a pretty rare treat around here. 

Getting ready to open her presents from Steven and I

Books...


My cute hubby
Me- my hand looks kinda crazy in this pic, I think it is the angle of the camera
Checking out her books.
She loves this one already!


Her bus!



Playing with her new toys


Above is a nine-ish minute long video of Sophia opening her gifts,  her expressions and how she has to stop to snack crack me up.  
After a quick pajama change due to an overflowing diaper Sophia was back playing with her toys,  this is her AquaDoodle from Noni and Papa.  She loves it and so do I- coloring with no mess!


We spent the rest of the day pretty much like this.  Cuddling Sophia, watching Christmas movies, eating, and reading.  We made a delicious sausage breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then had left overs from Christmas Eve for dinner.  It was a super calm day and I loved every minute. 
Cuddling my sweet sickie. 
I kind of think Sophia may have taken this of herself, you can tell she does not feel well but she is still a cutie. 


We stayed in our pj's all day.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: