Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pinterest Projects

I have been looking forward to having our own home for years for many different reasons. One being the ability to craft and decorate to my hearts (and budgets) desire. I have also discovered a great website called Pinterest that so nicely feeds my addiction for useful home ideas, recipes, crafts, teaching ideas , and much more. I have used a lot of ideas I have found on Pinterest in my classroom and also have created two front door yarn wreaths.
The first one was a fall color theme. I also made the felt flowers.


Before I wrapped the styrofoam wreath in yarn.


The finished product...



Closer up finished wreath




The felt flowers close up.

Today I finished our Christmas themed wreath while my sick but getting better sweet two year old took a 3.5 hour nap. Here is the finished product:










I am pleased with the way it turned out and that it was less than 8 dollars for all the materials and I have lots of yarn and balls left over.

This weekend we will be getting our Christmas tree and getting all our decorations down from the attic. I am looking forward to decorating our house for our first Christmas here!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: