Sophia came down with a fever last Friday and then by Sunday her awful wheezy cough was back with a vengeance. So on Monday off we went to the doctor. Poor girl was diagnosed with bronchitis, tonsillitis, and acute asthma exacerbation (which I think is just a fancy way for saying intense wheezing). So she got a refill on all her nebulizer med's, Zithromax antibiotic's, and Prednisone steroid's. We were warned that the steroid can cause moodiness, which we did not really notice the last time she took them in April. Well, this time she is taking a higher dose more frequently and they make her so grouchy, luckily they do help with her cough so it is somewhat worth it. Poor girl just is not herself. She has to take it through Friday so hopefully by then she'll really feel a lot better and we can get our happy sweet girl back.
We have been spending our days watching lots of TV, resting, and cuddling. I think today she is starting to feel a little better but as soon as she's really active she starts coughing and lays back down. We are staying very mellow this week and I am so thankful that I am on vacation and can just be home with her right now.
We call Sophia's nebulizer "Tommy Turtle" because of the mask decoration and Sophia, sweet girl that she is, will say "I need my friend Tommy Turtle, he's a nice friend". Tommy Turtle has become another member of our family- is that a weird thing to say about a nebulizer machine?
Here's hoping to better health for Sophia soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment