I can't believe that in less than two weeks I will be back at work. I guess all good things must come to an end. I sure am thankful for the schedule my job provides. As much as I am not looking forward to the wake up early go all day routine that we are about to embark back on I like my job and am glad that I get these chunks of time to be home with my baby girl, (she is 3 but will always be my BABY GIRL).
We have had a super summer. A good mix of doing fun things, getting things done, spending time with friends and family, and spending time at home cuddling, coloring, playing, and just being together with no schedule mandating our time. I uploaded a bunch of random pictures from my iPhone that I have taken over the summer. For some reason when I upload phone pics they don't load in order so these pics are a little out of order but that's okay:)
 |
| We've enjoyed some fun sprinkler/pool time in the backyard. We also planted a lot more grass in our backyard getting rid of some of the useless bark-dust areas and greatly increasing our play area. |
 |
| Sophia has discovered a love for all things Popsicle. |
 |
| We went to Hood River last weekend and stopped at the fish hatchery on our way home. Sophia loved seeing all the fish. In the picture above there are hundreds of baby Coho Salmon. |
 |
| Checking out the fish! |
 |
| I put this on Facebook, but want to record it here as well. Sophia's new favorite thing is to take pictures of her toys in various locations in our house. Sometimes I will go through the pictures on my phone and find a few surprises. The ones of the dolls creep me out the most. |
 |
| When we were coming home from Hood River last weekend it was 104! Yuck! I hate the heat, I am definitely an Oregonian at heart. I don't mind the rain and kind of miss it when we don't have any for a long time. P.S. I took this pic, but I was not driving:) |
 |
| Yesterday Sophia and I went to the Coast with a few of my fellow teacher friends. Sophia had a ball playing in the sand! |
 |
| Sleeping on our way home from Hood River |
 |
| Cuddling one morning all cozy |
 |
| Checking out the fish |
 |
| Posing in front of the fish fountain statue |
 |
| Again at the beach yesterday |
 |
| Love this hair!!! |
 |
| With Daddy at the fish hatchery...it was SO hot. |
 |
| Playing in the garage while Daddy works in the yard and Mommy cleaned the car. |
|
|
|
In other news, the decision has been made that Sophia will be getting her tonsils and adenoids removed. She has had tonsillitis five or six times since April and it seems that every cold or virus settles in her tonsils making her miserable. She also still has some issues sleeping and snores a lot. On top of that you can just hear the blockage when she breaths. She has also finally reached the minimum growth requirements for surgery as well (3 feet tall and 30 pounds). She is 3 feet, 1 inch and about 31 pounds right now. She will be having the surgery at Doernbehcer Children's Hospital on August 27th. She has her pre-op appointment next week where I think we'll get more details. I am not looking forward to the actual surgery as I know Steven and I will both be a bit of a mess, but I am looking forward to her feeling better, sleeping better, and hopefully not getting so sick in the future.
I go back to work on the 20th for a week of meetings that will not take place at our school. Our school is being remodeled and we will not get access to the building until the 27th. So yes, the week of the 27th is going to be a busy one with lots to juggle. Sophia's surgery and recovery as well as unpacking, setting up, and getting my classroom ready for the eager students that will arrive the following week. Thank goodness for helpful supportive family and work friends!
Until then I will soak up these last few days off with my sweet Sophia. This weekend Steven and I are going to paint our living room and hallway and next week we get to celebrate Steven's birthday, then go to the beach with Steven's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and our nephew. Lots to look forward too prior to the craziness that will be the beginning of the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment