Saturday, October 13, 2012

Camping 2012- A Delayed Post

In the middle of August we went camping with Steven's family. And by camping I mean Steven, Sophia, and I stayed in a motel at night and spent the days at the campground.  Tent camping with the intense and awful morning (and night) sickness I was experiencing was just not going to happen.  We also figured it would be best to stay in a motel to ensure Sophia got good rest since it was a week before her surgery and we did not want her to get sick  Steven's family was staying at Barview Jetty. 

 One day we went to the beach and Sophia got to fly her first kite!  She was so excited and the weather was just perfect for it.   






We also spent a lot of time just relaxing around the campsite.

It was a little chilly one day so we were hanging out in the camper.  
Sophia had it all figured out, bundled up with her baby and her Elmo watching a show on Grandma's iPad. 
Steven took a nap.  I read on my Kindle. 
We also took Sophia to the cheese factory one day.


We checked everything out, sampled some delicious cheeses, and got an ice cream cone.  Sophia chose chocolate, of course.

One morning I was awake early (oh the joys of morning sickness) and Steven and Sophia were still sleeping. I took the following three pictures of Sophia in about one minute.  She was thrashing and moving so much in her sleep,  I was watching her closely just waiting to jump out of bed and catch her.  After I took these pics I repositioned her and fixed her wall of pillows we put up to prevent her from rolling out of bed.  



Sophia went for tons of walks and Grandma Kathy was so patient to stop at every sand pit and let Sophia and Wyatt play in the sand. 





It was a great trip!  
It's hard to believe that next year they'll be another little baby to accompany us on our summer adventures. 

No comments: