So for the last few months our washing machine has been on the fritz. It would stop mid cycle and we would have to use a screw driver to jimmy rig the lid switch to make it continue to go. This was a pain, but we were able to wash clothes and that's all that mattered. Well, the day before yesterday our jimmy rigging system no longer worked. The washer was stuck mid cycle with a load full of sopping wet blankets and towels. Being almost 30 weeks pregnant I have only a few pairs of pants that I really like, and of course they all were in need of a washing, and we are going out of town this weekend, and Steven has been working twelve hour days this week putting on Christmas parties for all the foster kids, so we were at a standstill of getting it fixed. So, I turned to Google. I researched and everything led me to needing to replace the lid switch of our washing machine. Then I had to track down the part. There was one place in Salem that had the part. I was super nervous buying it because once it was open you could not return it and I did not want to flush 43 dollars down the drain on something that would not fix my problem. So I had the part, I figured I would just wait till this weekend when Steven and my Dad could take it apart and fix it. Then I thought of all the laundry and the lack of clean maternity pants. I checked the clock, it was 4:30. Steven wasn't due home till 6:30 or so. I gave Sophia and myself a bit of a pep talk, found a good YouTube video showing me what to do and got to work. And, an hour later it was FIXED! I took it apart, brought the metal box part out in the garage, installed the new switch, and put it back together. I was so proud of myself and so excited when Steven walked in and saw the laundry all going. So, although I hate doing laundry, I am really thankful that we now have a working machine and did not need to replace it!
P.S. On an unrelated note I also got a call yesterday that my blood test shows that I have the immunity to Fifth's Disease, so I don't have to worry about any complications transferring to our sweet baby girl!
1 comment:
You are the best!!
Post a Comment