- Sophia's birthday has continued to be a hot topic with her. She has now requested to eat chicken and mashed potatoes on her birthday, she would like a light up elephant that moves just like our neighbors have on display for Christmas, and she has requested that "On my birthday, maybe we can watch Mike and Molly".
- One night Steven was leaving her room after their cuddles and said "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite", she responded "or the goldfish, or the chicken and waffles". She is such a kick.
- For those that know me, which is pretty much anyone that reads this blog, you know that I really don't work in the nicest part of town. In fact there are often shootings and major gang problems in the apartments surrounding my school. Well, at the exit of the freeway right by my work there are always people begging for money. Last year and most of this Fall it switched between two people whom were your typical people begging for money. Now the last few weeks there has been someone new and I have to hand it to this guy, he is pretty creative. It still makes me incredibly uncomfortable and I avoid eye contact since I prefer to give any charity I am giving to be to the students in my class, but each day this guys comes up with some new spin on his begging. One day his sign said "Anything helps, even a middle finger". That one cracked me up. The day after that he was juggling. A few days later his sign was more inspirational stating "If you can think it, you can do it". The other day he was doing some gymnastic moves. I wonder if he gets more money since he is not the "typical" person asking for money. Gotta love the randomness of working where I do...
- I have a lot of pictures from the various Christmas activities we've done with Sophia that I am currently uploading. We have had so much fun with Sophia this holiday season and I cannot wait for the next few days with her. More blogs to come...
Friday, December 21, 2012
I've Been Meaning to Blog This...
I have some random conversations and observations that have been resting in the notes on my phone just waiting to make the blog when I made the time, so here we go:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment