Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer!

The end of the school year was not without its own set of challenges. Our poor Ava got an awful case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. She was so miserable, she even had the sores on her tonsils. It lasted about a week which, of course, coincided with the last week of school for me. Thankfully between Steven, my Mom, and I we were able to juggle all our schedules to stay home and cuddle our miserable little bug. 

After that week Ava was on the mend and we had made it to another summer in the Prine household! This was a school year of lots of challenges and changes and I am glad it's over! I survived my hardest and largest class ever, Sophia excelled in Pre-K and cannot wait to start Kindergarten in the Fall, Steven is starting to feel a bit more comfortable in his new job- he was told it takes about two years to really feel like you know what you are doing (talk about a learning curve!), and Ava made it through her first school year at the baby-sitter and grew from a squishy little baby to a rambunctious toddler. We have settled into a nice summer routine filled with lots of snuggles, naps, and play for Ava and lots of crafting, water play, and park trips for Sophia. I am trying to take time for some of the things I enjoy, yet never have time for during the school year (especially this last school year) such as organizing and purging the things in our house, trying new recipes, and reading for fun. I've already read four books! 

I am hoping to do an update on both girls for my own memories, but until then I'll leave you with a few pictures...
A picture of a picture- Sophia's Spring picture from school, I'm in love with it!
Ava-16 months old!
Driving the cart at Lowe's- always a thrill!


No comments: