Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 month appointment

This morning Sophia had her two month well baby check. She was a champ. Her weight is 10 pounds, 15 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. That means she has gained a little over three pounds and exacting three inches in the last two months. She is growing just as she should. Recently she has had some issues digesting her regular dairy formula so upon consulting the doctor we have had to switch to soy formula. She is digesting the soy better and is not nearly as fussy as she was when the dairy formula was hurting her tummy. She still spits up a lot but she is happy and gaining weight so we will just have to keep a close eye that that continues. She also got her first round of immunizations today which involved three shots and an oral vaccine. I have never seen her so upset as she was when they gave her the shots. Her face turned bright red and she cried real tears which she has never done before. It was hard for me to see but I managed to hold it together and she calmed down quickly once it was over. I gave her some baby Tylenol when we got home, she ate, and now she is cuddled up on my chest sound asleep. I am dedicating my day to extra cuddling since she had such a tough morning!
It is crazy that she is two months old already. Just last night Steven and I were discussing how in the first few weeks we brought her home we were so sleep deprived and we never thought we would get to the point where she sleeps through the night. For almost two weeks she has been sleeping 9 to 10 hours a night. Let's hope it continues!

No comments: