Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Today

Today Sophia and I went to visit Swegle. We surprised my class and they were very excited to see us. They were really cute and asked lots of questions about Sophia. Every time she did something (yawn, drool, blink) the kids all oh-ed and aah-ed. It was very cute. The other teachers were also really excited to meet her. They all said she looks a lot like me, I don't see it, but it is fun that they do. It was weird to be back at work. I miss it and don't miss it at the same time. It made me nervous for next year when I go back. I am not sure how to balance it all and if I will want to leave Sophia. I am sure I won't but also think that if I stayed home all the time that would not make me happy either. It will be an interesting transition going back to work and then also really interesting at work being that there are a lot of changes happening for next school year (a new principal, counselor, another new third grade teacher, budget issues, etc.). I am sure it just seems overwhelming now but I have the next three months to adjust to everything and like any major life change it just takes time, a bit of faith, and things usually work out just as they should.

No comments: