Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend



This weekend was lots of fun. It was busy and full of firsts for Miss. Sophia. On Friday night we dropped Sophia off with Papa Dan and Grandma Marcy while Steven and I went out on our first post baby date. I think it was much more difficult for me to leave Sophia then it was for her to be left but she did well, and of course she was in great and loving hands. For dinner Steven and I went to a place called Fire on the Mountain and had some delicious boneless wings. Half of them were sweet bbq and the other half was Jamaican Jerk and man those things were spicy. We just about died eating them but we managed to finish it all. We then went over and visited Tai and Blaine and the kids since they are so graciously letting us borrow another base for our car seat. So now we can move Sophia from car to car without having to remove the base each time which will be super convenient, especially when I go back to work. All in all it was a great evening for Steven and I to have some time to ourselves and for my parents to get to spend some quality time with Sophie.

On Saturday we went to Hood River and on the way we stopped to get the car washed. As silly as it may seem there is something about going through the car wash that I find to be so much fun, it's like it has never lost it's childhood excitement for me. For some reason I thought Sophia would be totally entertained by it, but in fact she fell asleep just as we were entering it. I was entertained when Steven accidentally pressed the window down button and got soaked. I took a picture because it was so funny at the time. The driver's side inside door now is a bit cleaner.

Clean!

Wet

Sound asleep.

When we got to Hood River we hung out, we did not take a lot of pictures because out camera battery was dead but we did get this good one of Grandpa Jerry and Sophia both sound asleep in the recliner.

Saturday night Grandma Kathy took Sophia for us all night long so we could get a full night's sleep, it was a great Mother's Day gift. On Sunday we got up and had breakfast and hung out for a while then we went to Portland and got Frozen Yogurt and mine was free since I am now a momma, talk about simple pleasures. Then we took Sophia to the park and went for a walk. After that we went over to my parent's house for dinner. We took lots of pictures of Sophia with her cousin. They are both getting so much more interactive so it was lots of fun to get them together. All in all it was a great first Mother's Day, Steven got me a beautiful necklace, and my parent's got me a cute book about being a mom; plus I got to spend the day with lots of family. You only have one "first" Mother's Day and this one was a great one!

Me and Sophie, Mother's Day 2009

A family portrait, although it is difficult to get a six week old to look at the camera:)

I love Daddy!

Playtime with Mommy

Blue eyed baby

Smiling cousins! I love this pic!

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

She looks so grown-up in these pictures with Charlotte. What a cutie!