Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 Things

1) I took Sophia to Mommy and Me group this morning. I had her weighed and she weighed 11 pounds, 6 ounces. Although she had just previously drank a 4 ounce bottle, she has still gained anywhere from 4 to 8 ounces total since her two month doctor appointment last week. I think I am going to let up on my battle with the pukies for now as long as she is still gaining and happy. Instead I will just do more laundry:)...
2) Today there was a HUGE thunderstorm. I had taken baby girl to a good bye party for my boss and while we were there it started to thunder and lightning and downpour. I have lived in Oregon my entire life and NEVER had I seen it rain as hard as it did this afternoon. I debated about waiting out the storm before getting us home but at that point I was not sure how long it would last so we (I) decided to go for it. I waded through the parking lot and got the car and pulled it right up to the doors of school, that way I could load Sophia right in. It was awesome because Sophia did not get one drop of rain on her, yet I was soaked right down to my skivvies. We drove home through the torrential downpour, thunder, lightning, flooded streets, and downed trees to find our apartment's parking lot flooded with about 6 inches of water. Luckily I had the CR-V so I trudged through and made it home to a relieved hubby. Then we found that a lot of the downstairs apartments were flooding and people were coming home to soggy carpets. Luckily we had some water coming in our front door but we stopped it with towels and it did not go any further then the wood laminate flooring. I guess earlier the water outside was all the way up to the first step of the stairs. Craziness...Although I do LOVE thunderstorms I really prefer them from the comfort of my own home.

No comments: