Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Opposite Snow Days

The last three days Sophia and I have been laying low, in fact Sophia has not even left the house since Sunday, I have gone places, and Steven has gone places, but Sophia is holding down the fort (always supervised, of course). It is too darn hot out and I just don't think she would enjoy it. I call it opposite snow days because, like snow days, we are house bound in the living room huddled next to our window air conditioning unit to stay cool in this record breaking heat. Yesterday it was 109 down here in the valley and when Steven and I were going to bed around ten last night it was still over 100 degrees out. Some people say "well, it's always that hot where I live, blah blah blah" but my response to them is that where you live is probably equipped for this heat whereas here in the valley our houses and our bodies are not prepared. Today is looking to be another record breaking hot day and may in fact break the all time hot weather record for the Portland area, I personally love watching the meteorologists get so excited. Nothing pleases a meteorologist like a good storm, some sort of tragic natural disaster, or record breaking weather phenomenons. Good times.

No comments: