Friday, June 18, 2010

Almost 15 months...

Sophia will be 15 months old next week so I think it is time for an update of what she is doing... At the park a few weeks ago
So cute!

After eating (and wearing) some pancakes last weekend!
Here's a list of what Sophia has been up to:
-the last month she got tonsilltis and 6 teeth that are coming in, so that has been a bit rough.
-she still loves sleeping, she sleeps an average of 11 to 12 hours a night and then takes 2 (sometimes 3) naps during the day.
-she plays really hard, thus all the sleeping
-she loves to organize, whether it be her toys, her food, or anything else she gets her hands on she likes to put things away and sort things.
-she loves playing with her friend Madison at the baby sitter. Madison is two months older then Sophia and all day long they follow each other around and play. They have to eat, drink, and play the same things always.
-she loves her baby-sitter and they love her so much- we are so lucky to have them.
-she loves watching the birdies and the sprinklers outside, she will occasionally say the word "birdies".
-her favorite thing to do is to try to make us laugh; her favorite way to do this is putting things on her head, making silly faces and silly noises, and bonking her head against hard objects then laughing
-her daddy can make her laugh more than anything or anyone else
-she loves it when we hide and jump out at her, she just laughs and laughs
-she loves to dance and can really shake her booty!
-her hair is getting curlier and curlier; some mornings she wakes up with a poofy afro- we love it!
-she runs most places
-she can be stubborn and when she doesn't want to do something she'll just sit down in protest.
-when she is touching something she shouldn't and we tell her no she puts her hands behind her back or on her head, like she is not sure what to do with them.
-she no longer protests when we put her shoes on which is good
-she still is obsessed with our cell phones, sometimes she will distract us with one hand while grabbing one of our phones with her other hand. It is really pretty smart of her.
-she loves going for walks
-she says "hi" to anyone within five feet of her at the grocery store and if they don't respond she says it again just a little louder.
-she loves riding in the cart
-she eats most anything we give her, she still does not like cottage cheese (who can blame her?)
-we think she may be allergic to strawberries in addition to apples- once I am done teaching summer school I am going to take her in to the doctor to figure the allergies out.
-she makes pig noises, and elephant noises.
-she squeals ALOT- to the point that Steven and I think we may have lost some of our hearing but it is all in happiness so we can't complain.
-she likes milk, but loves water
-Cheerios and yogurt are two of her main foods of choice.
-she says mama, dada, birdies, yes (ya), what's that, oh, and yummy. She now responds with ya when I ask her a question which is neat. The other day she was making faces at herself in the mirror and I asked her "are you looking at yourself Sophia?" and she said "ya!", it was fun. When she was really sick she was on a Tylenol, Motrin, Amoxicillan rotation and she would point at her medicine and smack her lips and go "nummy yummy yummy". At least she likes them and it was not a struggle to give it to her.
Well, there are some updates on Sophia. Once again I just feel so lucky that Steven and I get to be her parents. She has such a loving, silly, and caring personality and I just feel so blessed that I get to be her mom and I get to love her forever. I get excited to see her each day when she wakes up and I miss her when she goes down for a nap. I am so lucky.

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

I so love that little baby Peanut!