5:40 My alarm goes off, I ended up pushing snooze twice. Sophia had a rough night and was up a lot so no one got much sleep and when you compound that with the first week of school and you get one tired Mama.
5:50 Finally get up, shower, get dressed, make my lunch, start the crock pot chicken taco soup I had put together on Wednesday night and refrigerated, put all my work stuff in the car.
6:45 Wake up Miss. Sophia, give her a little milk and some cuddles (on a side note when waking up Sophia today she sat up, smiled, and said "Hi Mama, wanna play?" all chipper-like...obviously the being up all night did not effect her! :) ) Then Steven and I tag team getting Sophia dressed and brushing her teeth. Then I do her hair, she kisses Steven goodbye and I load her in the car.
7:00 Drive to daycare a.k.a. Ra-Ra's house (Robin is our awesome daycare lady)

7:10 Get to Robin's, drop Sophia off with lots of hugs and kisses
7:20 On the road to work- I now eat my breakfast bar and crank up the tunes! Today the sunrise was beautiful (thanks to the smokey air).

7:35 Arrive at work- check my email, make sure everything is prepared for the day, say good morning to my work buddies
8:30 The kids arrive. I spend the rest of the day running around trying to get everything done, sometimes I honestly feel like I need to remind myself to breath. I had a meeting during my prep with the principal and another meeting right after the kids left for the day. It was so busy but at least the time went by fast.
4:30 Leave work, drive to pick up my sweet girl, call my Mom on the way for our daily chat:)
4:50 Walk into daycare where I am greeted with the biggest smile and best hug. Discover that over the course of the day Sophia has developed a runny nose- which would explain why she slept so poorly last night. Collect Sophia's school work from the day and head out.
5:00 Get home, play outside with Sophia for a few minutes till Daddy gets home. Today we watered the plants and played kick with her ball- it was really hot out.
5:15 Daddy's home! We go in and start getting dinner on the table. I love my crock pot, it makes weekday dinners so much easier! We often listen to some tunes while we eat.

5:30 Eat dinner- Steven and I make a real effort to sit down and eat at the table with Sophia each night. We talk about our days and it is so fun that now Sophia is able to participate and tell us about her day as well. Today's highlight for her was that Robin made pizza fun lunch- pizza is her favorite, it made her day!
6:00 Steven cleans up dinner while I give Sophia a bath. We do bath, lotion, jam jams, and brush out her crazy curls.
6:30 Family play time: we play whatever Sophia wants, when it's not so hot we'll often play outside or go for a walk and then do bath. But today it was hot and Sophia was feeling a little under the weather so she asked to watch Barney so we let her. Usually she wants to play roll the ball or with her dollhouse.
7:00 Steven pretends that he doesn't know where Sophia's toothbrush is so Sophia has to take him into her bathroom to show him, she thinks this is hilarious and it happens every night. When he is done brushing her teeth they go somewhere in her room or in the hall and get ready to scare me. I wait for them to be settled then walk down the hall, they jump out at me and I scream and act afraid. Sophia thinks this is the funniest thing ever also so we do it every night.
7:05 Sophia picks out a few books that we read to her, then we sing her two favorite songs- "Tick Tock" and "If You're Happy and You Know It", then we often have to sing the songs again for her Baby. Then we get her all tucked in cozy.

Reading a book

Bouncing Baby

At the end of the "Tick Tock" song Sophia gets thrown in the air.

Ready for a good nights sleep (fingers crossed)

All ready for bed
7:30 After Sophia is in bed Steven and I relax. We read, play online, blog, watch TV, talk, and hang out. Tonight I am writing this blog and then am going to watch some Big Brother.
10:00 Be in bed and hopefully fall asleep by 10:30. Pray that we can get a full nights sleep. :)
So that is a day in my life, exciting times huh?! :)
Sophia's Daily Schedule at Daycare right now is:
7:15 Arrive, free play time, cuddle and rock in the rocking chair with Robin
7:45 Eat breakfast
8:15 Free play- there are three other little boys that are the same age as Sophia and they all play together well. They love playing with the cars and trucks, the dollhouse, and the train set.
8:45 School time- Robin does preschool with them each day. This week they are working on the letter A and the color red. They also sing songs and play learning games.
9:45 Morning snack time
10:00 Art or play time depending on the day
11:15 Lunch
12:00 Milk and a show- after lunch the kids get their sippy cup of milk and then watch a children's show while they drink their milk and calm down for nap time.
12:30 Nap time- they each have their own cot and a special blanket and pillow from home.
3:00 Up from nap, snack time
3:30 Free play outside or inside depending on the weather. Robin has a flat grassy backyard with tons of slides and climbers for the kids. They have free play until they are picked up for the day.
Okay, there is our day in the life, written down for prosperity! If you have read this far then you win an award!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
OK...what's my reward? Just kidding! (hehe) Love hearing about your life with Steven and my little Peanut!
Post a Comment