Thursday, March 1, 2012

March First- Snow Day?!?!

Just a few days ago in my "Sophia's been sick for three weeks, I am exhausted, and now I am sick too" haze I was thinking to myself how great it would be to have an unexpected day off- just to get caught up on a few things around the house and to run a few errands.  Fast forward a few days and I wake up to a text from my friend saying school is cancelled.  I was pumped.  I don't ever really watch the news so I had no idea if this was even predicted, but it was a nice surprise either way,  This morning Sophia was up super early so we enjoyed cuddles and milk and coffee time.  Then we got bundled up and went outside to play in the "snow" which was really just ice at this point.  We played in the yard, then we walked down to the river.  It was so beautiful.  Sometimes I forget we live only a block from the river.  Here are some pictures of our stroll:
Sophia in the front yard, rockin' her new Dora shades. 
Pointing to the snow



A view as we walk down towards the river. 

When we had all the flooding last month the river was so high and it 
left behind so much debris in the park, it was crazy to see. 
All the signage was knocked over in the flood.

Sophia was very excited to see the ducks!


Love this pic!

What a beautiful day, despite the cold (of course, now a few hours later it is all cloudy out)
Sophia was hunting down all the puddles and stomping through them.  
Nothings better then making a big splash with your boots on!!!

After our walk we came back, I went though ALL of Sophia's toys and organized them.  I also got rid of a few that were falling apart and organized all her books (yes, I know I am a Type A).  Then I cleaned the whole house.  Steven came home for lunch and then Sophia went down for a much needed nap.  Later we will go to one of my favorite places- Target.  It is so nice to get all these things done today on a unexpected day off compared to doing it all Saturday morning.  Thank heavens for unexpected breaks!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so glad you got to enjoy an "unexpected" break!