Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Normalcy

Normalcy. I crave a "normal" week.  Although I know things can always be worse the last month plus has been a little rough.  I am home with Sophia again today.  She was up all night crying and thrashing around complaining of a sore throat so neither of us got much sleep.  We headed to the doctor this morning and they did a rapid Strep test but luckily that came back negative so it is just another virus that has settled in her giant tonsils.  We go back to the ENT next week. 

Steven's sweet Grandma's health is going downhill pretty quickly so he has been down in Colorado since last Tuesday and will (finally) be home tomorrow.  I am SO glad he has gotten to spend this special time with his Grandma and be there to help his family set up care for her.  He will never regret it.  But, man oh man, Sophia and I miss him so much.  It just doesn't feel right without him here and parenting alone is hard.
 
With all Sophia's sickness I feel like I have missed so much work, when in all reality I have only missed 4 or 5 days over the last five to six weeks.  Really Steven is the one that has stayed home the most, although he has oodles and oodles of sick and vacation time.  However, when I am gone the third graders do fine, I just feel like I am constantly playing catch up and never feeling on top of things.  I am trying to remember if I always feel this way or if this year is different.  I can't come up with an answer. 

Steven took the camera with him to Colorado so here are a few pictures I have taken the last few weeks on my phone. 



Here is a picture of my sweet girl and her Daddy the week before he left.  He was dressed up for Court (for work).


Our girl one morning last week.






Last Friday Sophia and her buddies all kept each other up at nap time, this has never happened before.  No nap for Sophia made for a very tired girl.  In the car she told me, "Momma I want my jammies, my pillow, and my couch". It sounded pretty good to me after a long week! 



Sophia got invited to her first big girl birthday party.  Her best buddy at daycare, DJ, had his third birthday party last weekend.  Sophia was SO excited to go to DJ's house. 



They had a fire truck theme and the Keizer Fire Department came and brought the engine for the kids to climb on and check out.  Sophia pretty much hated the fire truck part, she did not like the loudness of the engine and then when they turned off the engine she was so worried that it would come back on she could not really relax.  Other then that she has such a fun time.  It is so neat to see her have real friendships that are outside of me and Steven. 



Here's DJ, the birthday boy, working the hose. 



Checking out the truck with her buddy.



Eating pizza with DJ







Watching DJ open his presents



Playing bubbles with the other kids, they all had their fire hats and fire hoses.  It was super cute.



Pretty girl



Sophia and another one of her friends, Harrison, from daycare.



Sophia did her first pinata!



She loved collecting all the treats!



On Sunday my parents came down for breakfast and to play with Sophia.  


So, there's a picture update of the last few weeks.  
Here's hoping the next few weeks bring us lots of family time, health, and some normalcy!
Also, a sweet little girl I know is turning 3 in less then two weeks!

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

I bet Steven was pretty darn happy to get back to you both also!

Thanks so much Emily for allowing him to come with me to Colorado. I am so grateful my boys were there with me. Many thanks to Amanda and Wyatt too! Wish you and Sophia could have gone also!

See you next week for your little Birthday girls party! I can't believe Miss Sophia is going to be "3"! :)