Last Tuesday I took Ava back to the doctor and her breathing had not gotten any better. They gave her a five day course of Prednisone and told us to continue the nebulizer treatments.
Then on Wednesday, Sophia started with the awful cough. So, it was nebulizer treatments all around.
I was feeling so overwhelmed. I had missed two days of work in two weeks and last week I also got two new amazing, yet super high need, children in my class making my grand total 32 children. 32 children, 1 me. I love them yet so many of them have really challenging life experiences and they need a lot of attention, a need I honestly can't meet for each child on a daily basis. I try my best, but again 32 children, 1 me. So anyways, I was overwhelmed, Ava was sick, Sophia was sick. Steven has his new job which is hard to miss right now and we needed some time to breath and get well.
Then, Mother Nature threw us a bone in the form of "Snowmageddon 2014". Some people may have found the storm to be an inconvenience or a burden. I found it to be such a blessing. School was closed Thursday, Friday, and Monday. The girls and I ran to my work and the grocery store before the snow got bad Thursday morning and then we did not leave the house for the duration of the storm.
This was exactly what we all needed. We did round the clock breathing treatments for the girls, watched movies, crafted, played, caught up on our DVR, baked, and snuggled lots and lots.






No comments:
Post a Comment