Saturday, September 8, 2012

On the Mend

Sophia's surgery was two weeks ago this coming Monday.  Finally, just yesterday and today, we are starting to see our old Sophia come back.  According to the nurse in Sophia's follow up phone appointment Sophia was on the longer end for her healing process compared to most three year old's, but is still within the average range.  She has spent the last two weeks spending lots of time cuddling, watching movies, and being spoiled.  We have to give a big huge thank you to my mom for coming down both weeks and watching Sophia while we worked and to my dad for giving up his wife for so long!!! So THANK YOU!!!!!

During her recovery process Sophia has discovered the movie Annie and she loves it!  Since this is pretty much my favorite movie of all time it makes me so happy she loves it and is beginning to sing the songs around the house.  Last night when we put her to bed I was walking out of her room telling her good night and I love her and she said "I'll see you tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow".  Man, I loved it, so cute.

A side effect of her surgery is that her voice has changed.  It is so high, last week it was really high and weak, this week it is a little lower, but still often sounds like she has sucked some helium or something.  It is freaking adorable.  The doctor said it should go back to normal in two to four weeks, but could always stay just a little bit higher then it was originally.  So, we'll see what happens, but until then I will treasure her sweet little voice.

Another funny Sophia story is that she has recently been using the word nervous quite a bit.  I have used this word around her before and my mom said she told Sophia that it made her nervous when she was climbing at the park yesterday and wasn't paying close attention to what she was doing.  Last night she said she could not sleep because she could hear a train (a train that is in a far off distance, that we hear every day) and it was making her nervous.  Then this morning she wanted a bagel for breakfast so I told her I thought we were out of bagels, but she could check.  She walks back into the living room from the kitchen and says "it makes me nervous that we don't have any bagels".  Then after her nap today she was dancing and spinning in the living room and she was getting a little dizzy but instead of saying she was dizzy she said "wow, I getting nervous".  She is such a kick.  We are so thankful she is finally feeling better and is back to her goofy sweet self!  

2 comments:

Mom said...

I loved being able to spend time with Sophia!

Grandma Kathy said...

So thankful our special girl is feeling better too! Sure love her to pieces!