Friday, December 19, 2008

Another day on the job.....

Today I am pretty bored here at work. I am working at the clinic as the transport officer. I only had four guys to transport this morning and that took only about an hour. I have been playing on the computer and driving around in the snow (safely of course!!) I went to Mashita's (Restaurant in town) to pick up lunch for the nurses and myself and ended up getting stuck behind the procession for the Woodburn Police Officer that was killed. It was amazing to see how many agencies were involved. I was stuck at the intersection by MacLaren for about 20 minutes and got to see most of it. It was really cool to hear all the sirens and see people of all ages holding up signs for the family. It was also really sad. I guess that's why I was really upset when people were honking their horns and driving onto the sidewalks just to try and get out of the traffic jam. Do people have any feelings at all? This officer died trying to keep us safe, and all these people were worried about was getting out of traffic. Well, since it is snowing again I guess I am going to go drive around some more!!

No comments: