Friday, December 5, 2008

Time for a new job...

Where do I start? I am so frustrated with work right now. I got a call today from my boss and he told me that there would no longer be any special schedules that I would be given so that I could have all day shifts and weekends off. He said he was told that all people in my position (it is called PPT) would have to work all available shifts. I told him that this is a bunch of crap because I was still going to school and that the only reason I took this position was because of the agreement that I would get day shifts and weekends off. I asked him how it was going to work if I wasn't available for a shift when they called and I have a college class to go to and he told me that it would be considered a no-show and that it could lead to being laid-off. I told him I don't want to have to go above his head but that I wanted to set up an appointment for my boss and myself to talk to the Superintendent, so we will see if he will do that or not because either way I am going to talk to the Superintendent. He then told me that he will see what he can do about things. We will see. I will keep everyone posted.....

2 comments:

Mark and Tammy said...

Steve, whatever you do don't quite your job. I bet if you keep on the offensive he will listen to you in the long run. I am telling you that right now is certainly not the time to go job searching. I have been looking for work for 4 months now with a BS/BM and not much luck. Even if the schedule puts off your graduation time do not quite your job. -Mark

Anonymous said...

I echo Mark's comments. Not having a job right now sucks big time. It is amazing how little there is out in the job market right now and unemployment benefits don't pay for much...beleive me. thank goodness I have a nice wife! lol :)