Monday, December 1, 2008

Hats off to Metallica!!






I thought since I am at work right now and completely bored working the gatehouse I would write a blog about my experience at the Metallica concert this last month. It was quite the experience. My brother is part of the Metallica Fan Club so we were able to get into the Rose Garden early and found our way to the main floor and standing right next to the stage. It was pretty cool seeing band members walking on and off the stage setting up before the concert started. After awhile general admission was allowed in, and the floor filled up pretty fast. The concert was pretty crazy. There was quite a bit of moshing, and people were lifted above the crowd while others were trying to throw them over the gate towards the stage, and security would have to keep them from getting thrown over. During the concert we were standing right along the gate next to the stage and this guy kept on asking us if he could have our spot next to the stage and we kept on telling him no, and about 20 minutes later he comes up behind my brother and takes his Metallica hat off of his head as well as my brother's friend's hat, and then turned around and tried to "flee" the scene. My brother turned around and grabbed the back of this guy's shirt and got him on the floor, then my brother's friend got on top of the guy and they "knocked" him around for awhile while looking for their hats. I decided that I should get involved too so there was three of us "knocking sense" into this guy looking for the hats until security came over and handcuffed the guy that had taken the hats, and somehow we weren't kicked out. The hats were found on the other side of the gate next to the stage and all was good. I ended up with a fat lip, but we got the hats back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hats off to Metallica" lol, I get it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how have I never heard that story? Sounds like the guy deserved it. I bet that RG security got it all on camera too, that building is crawling with surveillance cameras. I've seen their security center, pretty impressive!