I have decided there are a lot of both positive and negative things about being pregnant so here are my top five in each category:
Top Five Negative Things About Pregnancy:
1) Morning sickness: I envy the people who did not have extended all day morning sickness for weeks on end.
2) Heartburn: Although I did figure out that liquid Maalox kept cold in the fridge cures heartburn on almost all occasions.
3) Moodiness: I am an emotional person but this whole pregnancy has made it increase by quite a bit...seriously since when do I tear up when watching Amazing Race???, I blame it soley on the hormones.
4) Clothing: I really love clothes and I like to have lots of options but with pregnancy my options have become more and more limited although I don't want to buy too much knowing that in a few months I will no longer need it.
5) Unsolicited opinions/advice: Two examples: 1) There are people I see every day at work, although I don't know them well at all and everyday all they say is "how are you feeling" and everyday I respond, "good". I know they are trying to be nice but it gets old. 2) I went to drop off my rent check today and the manager whom I have spoken with about three times in my life says "wow, you look like you are gonna pop, how much longer" I said "she's due in March" and her eyes got all big. I then said "yup I have got a ways to go" and walked out the door. I don't think I am abnormally huge but the shirt I am wearing today does make me look more pregnanct then I actually am.
Okay, okay....enough negativity, there are a million bazillion more positive things about pregnancy but I will pick five to write about:
Top Five Positive Things About Pregnancy: (and yes, some of these may be cheesy)
1) Movement: From the first time I felt a little flutter to the more recent full fledged knock the remote out of my lap kicks every time is exciting and new. I love her little kicks.
2) Relationship: With such a rough start to my pregnancy with being sick all of the time, I realized how much I can truly depend on Steven to be there for me even when week after week I could not really be the wife I wanted to be. I have gotten a new appreciation for him as my husband and sharing this experience together has brought us so much closer.
3) Sharing the news: People get so excited for a positive pregnancy situation and it has been so fun to share our experiences with our family and friends.
4) Watching Steven morph into a fatherly role: It is so cool to watch Steven become a father, I cannot wait to see him hold Sophie for the first time, he is going to be an amazing daddy. One of my favorite times of the day is at night when we go to bed and he talks to Sophia and she kicks and kicks in reaction to his voice. It is very cool.
5) Planning and not planning for what's to come: Babies come and each have there own needs, wants, and desires...so a lot we can plan for and a lot is just going to be the unknown of what is to come when we get to know this little girl. It is fun to prepare and even more fun to ponder what sort of person Sophia will be...will she be laid back like her dad or more high strung like her mom? Will she laugh every day like her parents? There are a thousand unanswered questions that only time will answer and no amount of planning can control.
I can't wait to meet her but want her to grow big and strong before she makes her entrance into the world. So, Sophia keep putting fat on your little bones and know that there are lots of people in the outside world that already love you and are looking forward to helping guide you and care for you throughout your life.
Okay, I know this post was a bit sappy but I am pregnant what do you expect??? :) At least it will be fun to share with Sophia when she gets older. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I can't wait to meet little Sophie. I know she will be a wonderful additon to the family. There is nothing like a baby to bring happiness.
Post a Comment