Well, today I went to the last day (for me) of the mom's group that Sophia and I have been attending since she was four weeks old. Since I have to go back to work next week and the group meets Thursday mornings I will no longer be able to go. I am so glad I went for the last five months, it was nice to meet new people all going through the same things and for Sophia to get out and socialize with all her little baby friends. I think this group impacted me more then I thought it would. I learned a lot from the other mom's and from the amazing Cindy, the nurse and leader of the group, and a mother of eight. My favorite line she would say to us when someone was saying "well, I read in a book that my baby should be....(fill in anything here)" and she would reply "did your baby read that book?". That was the best- I think, as any parent would say, you love your baby so much and with that love comes a lot of worry as well which is sometimes with good reason and sometimes a little bit of an overkill and Cindy was good at telling you what is a real worry and when you should find something else to worry about.
Below is a picture that I stole from a friend of one of the groups...can you find Sophia and mama?

No comments:
Post a Comment