Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It Pays to Say Something

So this weekend while in Coos Bay we stayed at the Red Lion and were really unimpressed with the service we received. We weren't expecting some five star place but we did expect the basics, friendly customer service, our room cleaned properly, etc. Well, when I checked in I accidentally forgot to initial one section of the form and the representative went off on me, telling me that if I smoke (the area of the form I accidentally forgot to initial) then he will make sure we are fined $250 and a bunch of crap and I just said sorry I did not see that area to initial, I don't smoke. Then we got to our room and all was fine. Later that day Steven went to get ice but could not find the ice machine and so he asked at the front desk and they treated him rudely. Then on Saturday they came to clean our room but did not take out the trash or give us fresh glasses. I don't think we are picky people but if you are paying for a service we expect that service to be completed. So anyways Steven, being the talker that he is, emailed the head of Red Lion hotels and they emailed him back to say that the regional manager will be calling him sometime today. So he got the call at work and called the guy back and he apologized and stated that he will be meeting with the guy that checked us in and talking with the head of the cleaning staff, etc. and we get a free night at any Red Lion in the future. I am way to much of an unconfrontational person to call about these things but I am so glad that Steven is the opposite of me in this way. So now the only question is: where do we want to go? We will NOT be going back to Coos Bay, especially since there are nicer and newer Red Lion's in more desirable destinations, free is a very good price!

2 comments:

Uncle Daniel said...

Thats awesome! Usually Red Lions are great with their service. There are many nice Red Lions around, the one in Astoria is nice, right on the river/marina.

Uncle Daniel said...

I have also heard the one in Bellevue, WA near Seattle is nice...lot's to do in Bellevue and the eastside and only 10 mins from downtown Seattle.

Just thought I would let you know! :)